Your privacy matters. We take personal data protection very seriously at mediaman GmbH (mediaman). We are especially committed to respecting your privacy regarding the confidentiality of your personal data. We take this into account in our business processes by exercising strict compliance with the legal requirements in our activities. We will collect and use your data according to data protection law, in particular the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
This Privacy Statement will explain how we collect your personal information and what we do with it. We keep exclusively to the stated purpose in every procedure involving collecting, processing and using personal information as described below. Controller for the above procedures:
Name: mediaman GmbH („mediaman“)
Address: Quintinsstr. 16, 55116 Mainz, Deutschland
Tel.: +49 6131 2120-0
Court of registration: Amtsgericht Mainz 14, Registernummer: HRB 6152
VAT ID according to the German Value Added Tax Act (UStG) §27a: DE 185195865
Data Privacy Officer:
Tim Roller, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Processing personal within the digital presences
1.1 Collection and processing of personal data on websites
Certain items of data will be collected for technical reasons for us to deliver and present content on our mediaman website. Data stored by us or the website provider will include the following:
- The browser and browser version you are using
- The operating system you have installed
- The referrer URL – the website that referred you to ours
- The pages you have visited on our website
- How often you view individual pages on this website
- Which websites you visit from our websites
- Access protocols such as error messages
- The current date and time of your visit
- Any search terms you might have used
- The amount of data generated
- The IP address your internet service provider allocated to you We will store this information for seven days in order to detect and prevent attacks.
We will only collect and store other personal information that you submit to us for a specific reason such as registering, filling out a contact form, or as required for contract performance. We will only store and process your personal data according to applicable legislation or on your explicit consent.
1.2 Use of personal data
We at mediaman will use your data when you visit our website for the following reasons:
To present and deliver content
To conduct statistical analysis
To publish and improve our website
To aid in technical administration of our website
To protect our IT systems from attack
We will only use your data to the extent necessary.
We at mediaman will use the data you submit to us for registration, in a contact form, for contract performance for the purpose stated, and for:
For product surveys and for marketing, provided you have given your consent
Processing and accounting of contracts
We will only use your data to the extent necessary.
1.3 Use of personal data
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) For the registration to our newsletter we use the so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address provided, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP address and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information for the sending of the newsletter. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. After your confirmation we will save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is GDPR Art. 6.1 p. 1 (a).
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can revoke your consent by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail, by e-mail to: email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact data given in the imprint.
1.4 Deleting personal data
Your personal data will be deleted once the purpose for collecting and processing your data has ceased to apply. We will only store data beyond this as required by European Union regulations or German law. We will also process personal data in order to protect our own legitimate interests and those of third parties according to GDPR Art 6.1 (f).
1.5 SSL encryption
Our website uses SSL encryption for transmitting confidential or personal information. An example of where SSL encryption is activated would be when you register for our newsletter using our website. Make sure that your browser’s SSL encryption is enabled. You can easily tell that your browser is using SSL encryption by the https:// at the start of the address field. Third parties will not be able to read data transmitted using SSL encryption.
(2) By using our website, you agree to the use and storage of cookies on your device. A popup will inform you of this on your first visit to our website. You may also use our website without cookies, but this may prevent you from using all the features available on our website. You may delete any cookies already stored on your device at any time. You may also configure your browser to prevent any cookies from being stored on your device. Proceed as follows:
Many browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically by default. Change this setting using the corresponding privacy setting for cookies in your browser. Please refer to the instructions for the browser on your device for details.
You may delete cookies already stored on your device. Please refer to the instructions for the browser on your device for details.
You can only refuse or delete cookies for the browser you are currently using. If you wish to refuse or delete cookies on every browser you use, you will have to configure each browser accordingly.
(3) We use the following cookies on our website with the respective storage period:
1.7 Usage data analysis
(1) We would like our website to be secure and usable. We use Google Analytics to help us identify your user interests and plan content more suited to your preferences.
(2) Google Analytics is a web analysis service operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics will may send data to servers in the US. mediaman has signed agreements with Google Inc. using standard EU contract terms. This ensures an adequate level of data processing protection by Google Inc.
You may opt out of having the data from your visit collected and analysed at any time. Please click the following link to opt out; this will store an opt-out cookie on your device to prevent your browser from collecting information when you visit this website:
The opt-out cookie will only apply to the browser you are currently using. You will have to store this cookie for each browser you use if you wish to opt out using more than one browser. Click the following link for more information: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
(3) Google Tag Manager is an analysis service of Google Inc, (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). This website uses Google Tag Manager. Through Google Tag Manager, tags are passed to a tag management system. Only tags and no cookies are used and therefore no personal data is collected. However, other tags may be triggered, which in turn may collect data. The Google Tag Manager does not access this data.
(4) We use HubSpot during the registration process for our online CPUX training. HubSpot is a software company from the USA with a subsidiary in Ireland. Contact us: HubSpot, 2nd Floor 30 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland, Phone: +353 1 5187500.
This is an integrated software solution with which we cover various aspects of our online marketing. These include:
E-mail marketing (newsletters and automated mailings, e.g. to provide downloads), social media publishing & reporting, reporting (e.g. traffic sources, access, etc. ...), contact management (e.g. user segmentation & CRM), landing pages and contact forms.
We also use HubSpot's live chat service "Messages" (round chat icon at the bottom right of the screen) to send and receive messages on some sub-pages to improve the user experience on our site. If you agree and use this feature, the following data will be transmitted to HubSpot's servers:
– Content of all sent and received chat messages
– Context information (e.g. page on which the chat was used)
– Optional: user's e-mail address (if provided by the user via chat function)
The legal basis for the use of Hubspot's services is GDPR Art. 6.1 (f) – legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest in using this service is to optimize our marketing efforts and improve the quality of our service on the site.
mediaman has signed agreements with Hubspot using standard EU contract terms. This ensures an adequate level of data processing protection by Hubspot.
More information from HubSpot regarding EU data protection regulations
(5) Our Newsletters are sent via "MailChimp", a newsletter mailing platform of the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA.
The e-mail addresses of our newsletter recipients, as well as their other data described in this notice, are stored on the servers of MailChimp in the USA. MailChimp uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletter on our behalf. Furthermore, MailChimp may use this data according to its own information to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. for technical optimization of sending and presentation of the newsletters or for economic purposes to determine from which countries the recipients come. However, MailChimp does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write to them itself or pass them on to third parties.
The newsletters contain a so-called "web-beacon", i.e. a pixel-sized file which is retrieved from the server of MailChimp when the newsletter is opened. In the context of this retrieval, technical information such as browser and system information as well as your IP address and time of retrieval are collected. This information is used for the technical improvement of the services based on the technical data or the target groups and their reading behavior based on their retrieval locations (which can be determined by means of the IP address) or the access times.
Statistical surveys also include determining whether newsletters are opened, when they are opened and which links are clicked. For technical reasons, this information can be assigned to individual newsletter recipients. These evaluations are only used to identify the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content according to the interests of our users.
2. Usage-based information (targeting and retargeting)
We use so-called retargeting technologies to tailor our online marketing more specifically to your interests and needs. For this purpose, your interests in our services are stored in cookies. These cookies are used in order to be able to provide you with further information that is as interest-related as possible. This is done anonymously, i.e. you cannot be identified via retargeting.
If you do not want mediaman to collect, store and analyze the information about your visit and adjust it to your interests, you can object to this at any time for the future (opt-out).
The technical implementation takes place in your browser by means of an opt-out cookie. This cookie only serves to assign your objection. Please note that an opt-out cookie can only be used for the browser from which it was set. If you delete the cookies or use a different browser or terminal device, you will have to opt out again for technical reasons.
3. External service providers
We at mediaman use the services such as hosting from third-party service providers; these services involve personal data processing as described in this Privacy Statement. We have concluded data processing contracts with these third parties according to GDPR Art. 28 et seq. The companies will only process personal data as described here on our instructions and under our control at mediaman to ensure a proper level of data protection from all our contractors.
See below for an overview of our contract processors:
The following non-European service providers cannot completely guarantee that all data processing takes place inside the European Economic Area:
The EU Commission has not yet reached a decision on adequacy in data protection in these countries. mediaman has signed agreements with the non-European service providers listed using standard EU contract terms. This ensures an adequate level of data processing protection by these service providers. If you wish to receive a copy of these contracts, please write to mediaman GmbH, Datenschutz, Quintinsstr. 16, 55116 Mainz, Germany; or write us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Data security
We at mediaman have taken technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data that we maintain as the controller of the data. These measures represent the state of the art, and are subject to continuous improvement to keep in line with technological advances. The measures we use are aimed at protecting data confidentiality (protection against access by unauthorised persons), availability (protection against loss or destruction), integrity (protection against tampering) and authenticity (identity protection).
5. Revocation of consent, right of objection and correction
You may at any time revoke any consent you have previously granted for future effect. To do so, please write to us at mediaman GmbH, Quintinsstr. 16, 55116 Mainz, Germany, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com. Processing your data will be legitimate until you revoke your consent for us to do so.
You may always object to having your personal data processed due to:
Public interest – GDPR Art 6.1 (e)
Balance of legitimate interests – GDPR Art. 6.1 (f)
We at mediaman will only continue to your personal data if our reasonable grounds outweigh your interests.
On your request, we will immediately correct any incorrect data that we may have entered despite all efforts on keeping our data current, correct and complete. We will also supplement any missing information.
We will not charge you any costs for revocation, objection, correction or supplementation.
6. Right of objection with the supervisory authority
GDPR Art. 77 grants you the right to file an objection with the supervisory authority if you believe we are processing your personal data in violation of the General Data Protection Regulation.
7. Right to disclosure, deletion, objection to data processing, and data portability
GDPR Art. 15 grants you the right to disclosure on your personal data. GDPR Art. 27 grants you the right to deletion. GDPR Art. 21 grants you the right to object to data processing. GDPR Art. 18 gives you the right to restrict data processing. GDPR Art. 20 grants you the right to data portability.
Valid as of 01 December 2019